In this article, we have listed 8 of the best B2B marketing automation solutions. The first ones are light solutions (therefore affordable and easy to install) but powerful enough to develop real lead management processes. The last solutions are more advanced.
The best marketing automation software: summary table
Intuitive scenario editor
Easy & powerful
Everything is in English
Interesting from $99 per month
Slack & CRM integrations
Incoming email management
Reporting a little light
From €49 per month
Intuitive scenario editor
Very simple & affordable
Simple segmentation engine
Fairly light reporting
No lead scoring
From $19 per month
Very good ecommerce integrations
Unlimited number of users
All in English
From $49 per month
Many successful integrations
Very powerful in B2B but very easy to use
Very expensive for more than 10,000 contacts
From $9 per month
Best UX on the market
Everything is in English
Rough customer support
From £46 per month
Well known to agencies
Even more powerful with Hubspot Sales CRM
Very little support
All in English
#1 ActiveCampaign: powerful yet accessible marketing automation
With ActiveCampaign, you can create powerful and adaptive marketing and sales automation processes to keep your customers coming back. To harness the full power of marketing automation on ActiveCampaign, you don't need to be a tech savant. Their drag-and-drop automation builder will allow you to create great automated workflows in just minutes.
- Marketing automation is available from the Lite package from $9 per month.
- The Plus package at $49 per month will give you access to CRM with sales automation, lead scoring and SMS marketing. This is one of the best B2B CRM software on the market.
- With the Professional package at $129 per month, you will have access to content and predictive sending with Machine Learning or an automation strategy consultation.
- Finally, the Enterprise package from $225 per month will give you access to a dedicated account officer, telephone support and unlimited users.
ActiveCampaign offers a 14-day free trial
#2 Intercom: Relationship marketing made accessible
Intercom is a platform specialising in customer relations. It uses behavioural targeting to help companies better understand their customers in order to improve their communication. The solution offers a new way to acquire, engage and retain customers. By using features such as live chat or targeted messaging to engaged users, you can re-engage prospects and resolve customer issues much faster.
Here are the two packages that interest us here:
- The Accelerate package, starting at $499 per month, includes personalised bots, team performance reporting and automatic assignment of conversations to certain team members.
- The second option is the Scale package from $999 per month. You will be able to restrict permissions to certain parts of the tool, participate in customised training or manage your teams' workload.
Intercom offers free customised demos
#3 Sendinblue: the all-in-one B2B marketing software
If you regularly follow the latest news on Salesdorado, you have probably already heard of Sendinblue. It is THE Frenchemailing and marketing automation software. This tool, very simple to use, will allow you to automate your marketing and sales processes by creating scenarios based on actions performed by your visitors. You will be able to compare your scenarios with the help of A/B tests and thus manage all your contacts' experiences.
Again, Marketing Automation is only available with one of the last two packages offered:
- The Premium package from €49 per month gives you access to Marketing Automation but also to telephone support.
- With the Enterprise package (pricing available on request only), you will benefit from the full power of Sendinblue. 10+ user access, a dedicated account manager, priority customer support and much more.
Sendinblue offers a free plan that allows up to 300 emails per day with unlimited contacts
#4 Drip: a good marketing automation solution
Drip is a general-purpose software with marketing automation functionality, ideal for e-commerce companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Drip is cloud-based and has numerous triggers that allow users to customise their workflow. With Drip, there is no need to manually respond to triggers. The application has triggers and appropriate responses included in its automation generator. This will save you valuable time. In particular, this feature can be used to move prospects to the next stage of the buying journey.
- Drip's 14-dayfree trial gives you the opportunity to test all of the platform's features, including Marketing Automation. Then, the price will depend on the number of contacts you have. For example, for 1000 contacts, you will pay $29 per month and can send an unlimited number of emails.
- You can also request a "private tour" of the entire software. Spend some time with an expert who will explain all the tricks of the trade so that you can use Drip as efficiently as possible.
#5 Autopilot: the best marketing automation interface
Take your marketing automation to the next level with Autopilot. Create customer journeys that capture and convert new leads, automate repetitive tasks and create a best-in-class marketing environment by integrating with Slack, Facebook, Google, Salesforce, MailChimp, Intercom and more. With its ease of use (no coding required), you can automate your entire customer journey. Autopilot's canvas is designed to help you create great customer journeys by dragging and dropping text, images, emojis etc. Start from scratch or use their pre-built templates to help you.
As marketing automation is an integral part of the Autopilot software, you will only pay according to the number of contacts you have.
- With the Silver package at $49 per month, you will be entitled to a database of 2000 contacts.
- The Gold plan at $149 per month will allow you to add up to 5000 contacts.
- If you have 10,000 contacts, you will need to upgrade to the Platinum package at $249 per month.
- Finally, if you have more than 10,000 contacts in your database, you will need to request a customised quote.
#6 Mailchimp: very expensive, but still widely used
Mailchimp and marketing automation is new! However, new doesn't mean cheap. This is the case with Mailchimp, which allows you to eliminate the most repetitive manual tasks. Thanks to Mailchimp, you will be able to :
- Create customised and automated workflows for each of your customers,
- Send automatic e-mails at a given time,
- Send messages based on triggers related to your prospect's activity
- Create custom triggers and predefined automations.
Trust Mailchimp to make your automation work simple and effective.
- If you want to do Marketing Automation with Mailchimp, we recommend you start with the Essentials package at $9.99 per month. However, you will be limited to 50,000 contacts.
- If your database is larger, you can opt for the Standard package at $14.99 per month (up to 100,000 contacts) or the Premium package at $299 per month (up to 200,000 contacts).
#7 Hubspot Marketing Hub: one of the most comprehensive marketing automation software
Attract the right audience and convert more visitors with Hubspot's marketing automation software. Once you've attracted attention with Hubspot's SEO and social media tools, it's time to move on to marketing automation. Create beautiful, time-saving workflows, nurture your leads to maturity, score them and automate cross-functional operations while managing large data sets. Hubspot is best suited for medium-sized companies (10 - 200 employees).
- To start with Hubspot Marketing, opt for the Starter package at €41 per month. You will be limited to 1000 contacts and will not have access to marketing automation.
- With the Pro package at €740 per month, you will be limited to 2000 contacts. However, you will be able to automate and personalise your marketing with marketing automation, intelligent content and lead scoring. You will also have access toAccount-Based Marketing, a promising new approach to B2B marketing.
- Finally, the Enterprise package at €2,944 per month will allow you to program chatbots or create behavioural event triggers. However, you will be limited to 10,000 contacts.
#8 Salesforce Pardot: B2B marketing automation by Salesforce
Pardot from Salesforce enables sales and marketing teams to work together to source and track leads, close more deals and maximise ROI. Designed more for medium to large B2B companies, you'll be able to create smart marketing campaigns with an easy-to-use framework. Pardot helps you increase the effectiveness of your campaigns and engage your prospects. Finally, receive comprehensive reports to monitor and improve your overall performance.
- To start, you can choose the Growth package at €1250 per month. Limited to 10,000 contacts, you will be able to generate and qualify your leads or create personalised e-mail campaigns.
- The Plus package at €2500 per month is also limited to 10,000 contacts. In particular, you will have access to the automation of certain tasks such as the distribution of relevant messages according to certain actions.
- Finally, the Advanced package is priced at €4000 per month, again limited to 10,000 contacts. All the strength of Pardot is in this package. Marketing automation management for each of your audiences, advanced reporting, access to Salesforce's AI for message optimisation, etc. You will lack nothing!
Pardot offers free product demos
#9 Webmecanik: Open source marketing automation made in France
Webmecanik offers a SaaS marketing automation tool based on the Mautic open source platform. Webmecanik's strength lies in its personalised and 100% French support, for those who are not just looking for a tool.
Rates start at €400/month for up to 10,000 contacts, with access to all features.
Webmecanik offers free product demos
#10 Agile CRM: The leader in freemium
The downside is that it's best to know what you're doing when you get into the software, the functional depth makes it a bit confusing.
In terms of pricing, you can go up to 1000 contacts for free, withemail marketing and email capture features. But to access marketing automation, you'll need to pay $14.99 per month on a monthly commitment, and you can go up to 10,000 contacts. Frankly, it's hard (impossible?) to get cheaper.