- Tracking and billing of working hours
- Good sharing features
- Good value for money
Teamwork is the only project management tool designed for users to work with their own clients. Its target audience is therefore agencies and service companies.
To meet their needs, Teamwork features advanced collaboration, time tracking and invoicing functions, making it one of the densest software packages on the market.
In this article, we tell you everything you need to know about Teamwork!
See our comparison of the best project management tools!
My opinion of Teamwork in a nutshell
|Teamwork is a complete project management software package for agencies and service companies, with excellent time tracking and invoicing features.
|Ease of use
|Teamwork is easy to use, thanks to its numerous templates and limited customization options.
|Easy to set up
|Teamwork’s high level of detail and functional depth can make it hard to get to grips with, even if the tool is fairly intuitive.
|Teamwork’s customer service is comprehensive (guides, videos, blog…) but hard to reach, and Teamwork doesn’t build a community around its tool.
|Teamwork boasts considerable functional depth, particularly for collaboration, billing and customer reporting functions.
|Teamwork has a rich catalog of integrations, with varying degrees of accessibility depending on the plan chosen.
|Value for money
|Thanks to its wide range of functions and integrations, Teamwork offers excellent value for money.
The benefits of Teamwork :
- Functional depth: Teamwork is packed with features. This can make it difficult to get to grips with the software. But its rich library of templates (from the paid plan) makes it easy to learn.
- Extensive free plan: excluding time tracking, invoicing and customer collaboration, the free plan offers all Teamwork functionalities: a great way to get started!
- External communication and invoicing: the big plus when you opt for the paid plan: that’s why Teamwork is so popular with agencies and service companies.
The disadvantages of Teamwork :
- Lack of flexibility: customization is more limited than with other tools. What’s more, the tool’s audience is highly targeted (departments/agencies), so it doesn’t lend itself well to other types of use.
- Helpdesk: Teamwork’s helpdesk is not the most comprehensive or clearest on the market, and is not available in French.
Teamwork: Features at a glance
Project management and task planning
Teamwork offers a wide range of project management functions, right from the free version. The tool allows you to create tasks and sub-tasks, grouped together in lists.
To keep track of tasks, you can assign “followers” to projects who can monitor progress or stay in the loop without having tasks of their own. You can also receive notifications when a task has been completed.
The milestones function gives you an overview of dashboards to measure your planned deadlines against your actual results, and to track the progress of your company’s growth.
Teamwork offers numerous dashboards and views to manage your projects and collaborate with customers: Kanban board, Gantt chart, Tableau view…
Time tracking and billing follow-up
Present only in the paid plans, Teamwork’s time tracking and invoicing tools are one of the tool’s major assets, and explain its success with agencies and service companies.
The integrated time tracking system is an excellent motivational tool for your team, and a valuable generator of data and business intelligence. It is also useful for customers who require greater transparency on billable hours.
With Teamwork, you can easily add recorded time to exportable invoices, and easily create customized invoices.
Invoices can be based on fixed prices, or evolve automatically according to changes in expenses, materials, labor or other costs.
External collaboration tools
Teamwork is so popular with agencies because it lets you work directly with your customers. You can define them as simple followers of a project, so that they can follow progress without interfering, or give them more access rights.
Teamwork also has integrated support software, so that users can respond directly to their customers’ needs, notably via a ticketing system.
Internal collaboration tools
Teamwork’s internal collaboration features are also highly developed. In particular, the tool lets you create teams, and even sub-teams. Teams can be based on a department, such as HR or Creative, or on a project or customer.
Included in the free version, Teamwork’s chat function makes it easy to sort your conversations by project, and you can follow team members, partners, customers or freelancers who are also taking part in the conversation.
The Teamwork plus: the mobile application!
Available on iOS and Android, it is praised for its ease of use. It contains all the basic tools you need to track and manage your daily tasks, keep on top of your projects, and stay in touch with your team and customers.
Teamwork offers a totally free version, so don’t hesitate to give it a try!
Customer reviews of Teamwork
Teamwork users generally appreciate the tool’s level of detail, and its efficiency, thanks to tasks, milestones and alerts. They also appreciate all the project management features: collaboration, time tracking, task boards, reports…
However, some customers find that teamwork’s interface is sometimes slow due to its level of detail, which can also make the tool complicated to learn. Some also find that the CRM and the tool’s API are not yet up to scratch.
Teamwork offers a totally free version: don’t hesitate to give it a try!
Customer support at Teamwork
Teamwork customer service is available Monday to Friday, 7am to 12pm. He can be reached by contact form, e-mail, live chat or telephone.
Teamwork offers a wide range of support resources, including feature-specific documents, videos, webinars, interactive guides and a blog with numerous articles.
All these resources are brought together in a comprehensive resource center, clear and easy to navigate thanks to precise search filters. However, these resources are not translated into French.
The Teamwork integration marketplace
Teamwork has a marketplace of integrations covering all the fields required for project management and customer relations:
- Communication: Gmail, Mailchimp, Outlook, Slack…: these integrations are useful for collaborating more easily with your team members, as well as with your customers.
- Reporting : Databox, Numerics, Zoho Projects…: these integrations provide a wealth of information through reports.
- Marketing tools: Hubspot, Mailchimp: these integrations will be very useful for Teamwork’s main target customers: agencies and service companies.
- Time tracking: Clockify, Harvest, Toggl: these applications are essential for tracking the time spent by teams on a project, so as to assess the efficiency of processes, and for invoicing customers on the basis of this information.
- The Teamwork CRM add-on module: This module is a real Teamwork plus, very useful for combining project management with customer support management.
Discover Teamwork’s customer support center!
Teamwork offers 4 different plans:
- Free forever : this free plan is a good start, but lacks some of Teamwork’s major assets, such as templates and billing functions.
- Deliver : for 13.99 euros per month per user, this plan gives access to billing functions, team chat, project templates, an unlimited number of customers and collaborators, and numerous integrations.
- Grow : for 24.99 euros per month per user, this plan lets you create teams at customer level, set budgets, define tags at project level, and gives access to a history of changes and all integrations.
- Scale : this plan gives access to all project management, collaboration and invoicing functions, all project templates, 10,000 automated actions per month, and an unlimited number of projects.
You can benefit from a discount on the above rates for an annual subscription, so don’t hesitate to take advantage of it.
The main alternatives to Teamwork
Teamwork is a software package with a strong focus on internal and customer collaboration. For those looking for tools that focus more on task management than collaboration, we recommend Monday, Trello or Wrike.